Posted: 16.03.20 at 02:22 by The Editor
Location: Kirk Drive, Westonzoyland, Bridgwater
Fire Control received reports of a washing machine on fire within the kitchen of a domestic property at the above location earlier this evening.
Fire engines from Bridgwater were quickly mobilised to scene.
Upon arrival, fire crews isolated the electrics to the property and got to work using 2 x breathing apparatus and 1 x hose reel jet. The fire was then successfully extinguished by smothering.
One occupant of the house suffered from minor smoke inhalation and an Ambulance was called to assess the casualty whilst fire crews rendered oxygen therapy.
In total, the crews used 2 x breathing apparatus, 1 x hose reel jet, 1 x safety jet, 1 x thermal image camera and 1 x positive pressure ventilator. The kitchen suffered 5% smoke damage and 5% heat damage.
The cause of this fire was accidental.