Posted: 11.07.19 at 07:22 by The Editor
Location: St John Street, Bridgwater, Somerset.
3 Fire engines from Bridgwater were sent to the above location to reports of a smoke detector sounding and smoke coming from a property.
On arrival, crews confirmed there was smoke issuing from a 2 storey flat.
2 firefighters in breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet entered the property, it was unclear at this time as to whether all persons were safe.
A thorough search was carried out and an unattended pan was found to be the cause of the smoke. All persons were accounted for.
This was a pan that had been left unattended on the cooker, crews isolated the electricity and removed the pan to the open air. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the property of smoke. The flat sustained smoke damage only.
The cause was accidental.